Sunday, January 4, 2009

Verses for 2009

I wanted to get this blog started at the beginning of the year and while I am running a few days behind schedule am still excited to get it up and running.
I ask God to give me a verse for this year; a theme so to speak from Him. The following verses are what I feel like He gave me.

"For I know the plans I have for you , declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will by found by you, declares the Lord . . ." Jeremiah 29:11-14a
God, first brought this verse to my attention back in November, I feel like God is really speaking to me and encouraging me through this verse and as I continue on my journey with Him I will stand upon this verse.
The next verses I feel He gave me is more my hope, my request to Him.
"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me." Psalm 51:1-3
"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51: 10-12
"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

4 comments:

Alana Wiemann said...

What a wonderful way to start the new year. My
prayer for you will be that you stay steadfast on the path that God has laid before you.

Love,
Hubbachunck

Amber said...

Mom, I'm so proud of you making your first post. I look forward to walking through this next year with you as we grow together! Love you. Amber

Anonymous said...

Great Job Alexis, you will do well with your blog as you enjoy helping others with your knowledge. Keep your focus throughout 2009.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done Alexis! Also, can you tell Alana to fix her blog so that I can leave a comment without having to sign into anything. Thanks!