Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Post for Amber: GrMa lets go!!!

Amber has been telling me for some time that Shayla's projects look too much like me.  She is probably right, as I tend to be a little bit on the perfectionist side and have this need for everything to be right!!  Eyes in the right place; things that go horizontal - horizontally placed, etc. etc.

Well, on Shayla's last project I took her idea to heart and did my very best to let her complete it on her own.

 Here she is working diligently.

The project was of baby Moses in a basket, hidden by the reeds, of course, in the picture of the project all the reeds were growing out of the ground with leaves surrounding the cattails.  I did try to explain that plants grow out of the ground, as I wrung my hands because this didn't seem to matter to her.  See, she saw the important stuff - we have to hide baby Moses.


So, here is her finished project - not grma's - and I am very proud of her. The cattails may be bent, the leaves growing out of the basket but this is HER interpretation and I am proud of BOTH of us!!!!

It turned out so well that I think I will let HER do her own projects from now on!!!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!
So proud of you both. Seriously, that is a GREAT project and I would be proud to hang it on my wall (so when you're done with it you can mail it to us ;))
Love you both.

Unknown said...

Darling...see it's never too late to teach us "old dogs" new tricks! Letting go can be difficult but it sure brings out their own ideas! I am proud of both of you too!

Unknown said...

Shayla has the picture up in her room and she loves it. I am very proud of her and want to see more of HER own projects