Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Start Reading with the Spring Reading Thing!

My daughter brought this book challenge to my attention.  I thought it was a great idea and wanted to share it with you.  This will be the first time I have taken part in a book challenge and am  really looking forward to it.  I am hoping it will help  motivate me to get some books off of the “to read list” and onto the “have read list”

The books I hope to read during this challenge are:

Saint by Ted Dekker

Sinner by Ted Dekker

Showdown by Ted Dekker

The GameChanger by Mike Evans

A Thinking Love by Sonya Shaffer

Here Burns my Candle by Liz Curtis Higgins

Get Out of that Pit by Beth Moore

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

Purging Your House, Pruning Your Family Tree by Perry Stone

Other than reading these books I hope to be able to clean out the stack of “to look at” magazines that seem to be piling up everywhere.

Want to join me in The Spring Reading Thing 2011 Challenge? It’s easy just make your own “want to read”  book list and join in.  This challenge begins March 20 and runs until June 20.

 

 

3 comments:

Charles Sabin Jr said...

Is the challenge to read 20 minutes every day in this period, 20 feet of books measured on a shelf, 20 books, or what? Never mind, I'll join you and enjoy the lifting effects of good books :-)

Susanne said...

My daughter is a huge Ted Dekker fan. Enjoy your reads!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

So glad you were introduced to the challenge and decided to join us! I've read a bunch of Ted Dekker books and enjoyed most of them. I haven't read Sinner yet, though...I'll have to check that one out. Thanks again for being part of SRT '11!